You have no items in your shopping cart.
- *** 2 Protective exterior metal corner pieces covering the top corners of the back of the bag *
- Inline skate wheels with sealed bearings for a smooth effortless ride.
- 100% Dupont Nylon Wheel wells - ultra strong and impact resistant.
- Waterproof material - 2120D Cordura Ballistic Nylon manufactured by Invista. This material is more tear and abrasive resistant than just ordinary ballistic nylon.
- Fits nicely in the 737 cockpit (including '300 & '500 models)
- Strong stainless steel handle with comfortable rubber grip.
- YKK Zippers - hands down, the absolute best zipper for luggage. Stainless steel of course.
- Internal mesh zippered pocket.
- Liner constructed of durable, high quality nylon.
- Replaceable skin. - when this skin wears out, keep the frame and just buy the skin. No need to buy a whole new bag. Who else does this? We can't think of anyone.
- Frame dimensions are 22.25" x 14.25" x 7.25".
- Machine washable. (Just don't put the skin in the dryer.)
- 43.5" handle height - longer than most other bags.
- Top hand grip is doubled up. Two fabric handles for comfort and strength.
- Double layer of material on top corners to add a longer useful life to your bag.
- Front side laptop zippered compartment for easy access. This space is large enough for a 17" laptop.
- Easy and convenient top front pocket for keys, passports, plane tickets, passes, pens, etc.
- Lower front outside pocket for magazines, papers, books, etc.
- 2 back pockets. You can easily fit all your reading material back here.
- To help carry your other bags, we have included a J-hook PLUS a top clip for a possible third bag.
- All parts are replaceable with a screwdriver & pliers. That's it!
|Size||23"H x 14.25"W x 7.5"D|
|Material||Cordura Ballistic Nylon|
|Warranty||Lifetime on Frame, 3 Years on Fabric|
Customer Reviews (10)
- Excellent qualityReview by Dave
- I purchased my Vortex 2 about 1.5 years ago. I love the fact that it's basically an aluminum box. Sure it's a little on the heavy side but it feels indestructible (I bet that even the rampers in PHL couldn't break it). The quiet wheels, soft grip handle, durable Cordura covering and conveniently located handle release button make this bag a winner. I get a lot of compliments from the guys I fly with who purchased competitors rollers. I'm not sure this roller will ever die, but if it does there's no doubt that it's replacement will be another Strongbag. Keep up the good work! (Posted on 3/20/2017)
- Repeat Customer!Review by Flying W
- My first bag is about done...but it's been so long I really can't remember when I bought it. Maybe 8 years ago? I replaced the wheels once perhaps 4 years ago. Previous purchases include the Purdy Neat, Costco Roller, Luggage Works and none of them even come close to the Strong Bag. By far the best roller I have owned. And I'm buying another cooler! (Posted on 8/1/2016)
- Great Bag!Review by CW
- I just wanted to take a moment and tell you thank you and what a wonderful product you have. I bought a Vortex 2 about 10 months ago. Being a crew member who commutes, I had problems finding a bag that would last even a year. Checking bags, airport hikes, stairs, etc takes a huge toll on luggage. So far, I see very little wear on the bag, and it functions beautifully. I did have one minor problem with the handle early on, and it was taken care of. It wasn't anything that you had to replace (handles are wear and tear items) but you did. I have seen a few crew members with your bags, and they all love them. We have even submitted to United that they should switch from TravelPro and PNS to you guys because we are so happy with them. Thanks for making a great product and having great customer service. (Posted on 2/3/2016)
- Still Rollin!Review by Justin
I have the "original" Strong Bags rollaboard. I had problems with Zipper tabs falling off and rivets popping . The company replaced the main zipper with the one standard now, and fixed the rivets (which I confess I didn't know where an issue until they told me) all while I flew my trips with a loaner bag, free of charge. I have since had no problems, and have enjoyed this bag gor the last 7+ years and have loved it. It is lighter than the luggageworks bag and looks like it had more volume to it, all while fitting in the overhead bin on most aircraft. I have rolled this thing for countless miles and it still keeps rolling. No way I would buy another bag again. If this thing every does kick the bucket, I'm buying another one.
Strongbags reply "Thank you for the review! On our original version. the Vortex 1, we had an issue with the zippers. That is no longer an issue and we changed to a stainless steel YKK zipper which is the best in the industry. You can be assured that you won't have zipper issues on our bags!"
SB Team (Posted on 9/29/2015)
- Best Bag, Best CompanyReview by Flying J
- This bag is great, it fits in the CRJ overhead with no problem (lengthwise, it is a CRJ after all). The great durability coupled with a lifetime warranty on the frame, as opposed to other companies with warranties that run out make this bag an easy choice. (Posted on 4/23/2014)
- Great Bag, but...Review by MAW in DTW
- Fits in Delta A319 overhead lengthwise, not handle, or wheels out. I can say that this is the ONLY drawback to this bag. A+ (Posted on 1/24/2012)
- Great BagReview by DC
- I have had two bags (purdy neat... aka purdy expensive) both the same for 16 years. The customer service from them was ok, but Strongbags was the best experience I've had from a luggage company. I've had a Strong bag for for a while now, and only wish that I had purchased it sooner! Well built, solid constuction, simple design and it fits nicely in the 737 jumpseat! Thanks!! (Posted on 5/31/2011)
- Great Bag!Review by Greg at Southwest
- This bag is a huge improvement over Purdy Neat bags and it's not going to hurt your wallet. It's taller than their stealth and it pulls nicely. After sale support is outstanding. I'll continue to buy here, but I won't need a new one for a long time! (Posted on 2/17/2011)
- LightweightReview by TRuth
- The bag is beyond sturdy and rolls like a dream! (Posted on 11/5/2010)
- Awesome Bag!Review by 737FO
- This bag is very durable, and fits easily into the 737 jumpseat. This is the product I've been waiting for! Thank you. (Posted on 9/27/2010)